Friday 14 December 2012

TGO Challenge 2013 - Route Vetted!


The man from Seattle and the man from Blanefield says yes!



This year the weather will be superb.

My route takes me to the wilds of Torridon where I start off my little stroll across to Stonehaven.

If all goes to plan, I will celebrate my 200th Munro on route. But, if my last 3 pathetic crossings are anything to go by, then I will not.



Friday 10: over to Pollan Buidhe via Beinn Liath Mhor.

Saturday 11: over Sgurr Choinnich, Sgurr a Chaorachain and Maoile Lunndaidh.

Sunday 12: over Sgurr Fhuar-thuill, Sgurr a' Choire Ghlais, Carn nan Gobhar (where dehydrated champagne will be rehydrated and drunk!!) and then Sgurr na Ruaidhe



Monday 13: to Cannich

Tuesday 14: to Drumnadrochit

Wednesday 15: to Dalbeg

Thursday 16: to Aviemore

Friday 17: to Loch Avon via Bynach More

Saturday 18: to Cock Bridge

Sunday 19: to Ballater

Monday 20: to Gannoch

Tuesday 21: to Feughside

Wednesday 22: to Stonehaven.



And, if all goes to plan, I'll be on top of the World.

Much of my gear will be the same as before although I have invested in a Terra Nova Quasar 45 backpack.

I'll do a full gear list nearer the date.


I can recommend the TGO re-union at the Snake Pass Inn - March 8-10 - for anyone who enjoys a great meal in really good company!

Ok, I'll be there too - but don't let this put you off!

Oh, and the beer's good too.



This is not me! But, how cool is that!




Happy planning and vetting to all who are doing the 2013 TGOC.

6 comments:

  1. "This year the weather will be superb"

    I keep saying that too! I do hope that we've not been misinformed on that point...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been promised superb weather too, by Lord E and he is a member of the aristocracy and even the weather knows its place!

      Apparently, if the weather is bad Lord Elpus will be eating his rucsack at the final dinner (he muttered something about not being able to tell the difference between his pack and rubber chicken)

      Delete
  2. All the best for a good crossing. I had some family that lived near the Green Man pub. Lost touch with them years ago. Lovely area it was then, all rural. They had a large chicken farm. Tamworth, brings back memories. ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to it.
    Even if Phil lied about the weather.
    And of course, I will be going to the Snake. Especially seeing your picture of this years likely entertainment.
    I must have fallen asleep during that bit last year.

    Got all my gear ready.
    PHD down trousers arriving from Santa (aka My Mum) for Christmas. Even got a down hat.

    Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrew,

      I don't know why, but, I am really, really loooking forward to this year's TGOC. More than before for some reason. I think it will be an epic! And, the weather will be a repeat of 2008 - when I didn't do the TGO.

      We'll have to have a down party at the Snake - got to be head to toe in down to qualify for a snog with the cool young lady. Or, is it dream on old man??

      Like your music - on der blog.

      Have a good time with the bionic man and your erstwhile leader. And have a good sober Christmas and Hogmanay - like what I will!!

      Delete